FAI Chief Executive John Delaney joined Dave and the lads on the show this week. John is gearing himself up for Euro 2012 and talks about the growing levels of excitement sweeping across the country.
Dave is also joined by Gerard Blair, Chairman of the newly formed RISSCW and Philip O’Connor, our man in Stockholm who is preparing a report for Reuters, profiling the Irish Soccer team.
As usual, our fans man, John O’Neill puts all your questions to John Delaney.
A chat with JD which includes:
- Irish fans ticketing issues
- Ireland’s supporters in the North
- Coaching and the FAI
- Irish players and supporters abroad
- The mystery player?
The YBIG Football Show is by the fans for the fans. If you would like to sponsor, advertise or just get involved, drop us a mail to TheWorldsTalking@gmail.com.
To make tuning in again easier for you:
1. We’re available on the iTunes Store directory, type in “YBIG” into the search bar and you’ll find the show and be able to subscribe.
2. You can also subscribe via our RSS feed: http://ybigfootieshow.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
3. You can find old episodes here: http://ybigfootieshow.podomatic.com/
4. We are also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Worlds-Talking/191923120895223
5. And Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin
A message from the RISSCW:
“My name is Gerard Blair (Club Chairman) we are setting up the Republic of Ireland Soccer Supporters Club (Western Branch) (RISSCW for short) to be based out of Galway City. We wanted to contact you with regards possibly bumping the club RISSCW on your facebook page? Any support on this would be greatly appreciated.
We have already been running buses from Galway to all the
home games for some time and with the Euros rapidly approaching, we felt now was the ideal time to form an official supporters club.
RISSCW In Association With GUST Coach Details Galway/Athlone Bus Ireland v Bosnia 26th Of May 2012
Meeting point at the Skeffington Arms Hotel Eyre Square Galway City coach leaving outside the Skeff @ 8-45am!!!
Picking up at Tom Hogan Service Station – Ballybrit @ 9-15am!!!
Picking up at the Kilmartin Service Station, Dublin Rd, Athlone @ 10-15am!!!
Arriving Lansdowne Road @ 12-30pm!!! (scruffy murphys)
Departing Lansdownde road @ 6- 45pm!!! ( scruffy murphys)
Plus the the next meeting of the Republic of Ireland Soccer Supporters Club (Western Branch) will be held on Friday 18th May 2012 at 8pm in the Dew Drop Inn, Galway City.
Please feel free to come along and join us as we will be finalising the details of the bus to the Republic of Ireland vs Bosnia Friendly being held in Dublin on Saturday May 26th.
Everyone is welcome, so hopefully we will see you there.”