Dave is back to host Talking Rugby this week and is joined by Alan, Pádraig, Michael and Doc. We talk Heineken Cup, RaboDirectPRO12, the imminent Irish squad announcement and a gripe about Munster tickets!
0:00 – The team say hi!
2:45 – Pool 1
Munster 33-0 Edinburgh
Saracens 30-13 Racing Métro
15:40 – Pool 2
Treviso 21-33 Toulouse
Leicester 39-22 Ospreys
20:50 – Pool 3
Connacht 22-30 Harlequins
Biarritz 38-17 Zebre
25:10 – Pool 4
Glasgow 9-18 Ulster
Castres 21-16 Northampton
30:20 – Pool 5
Scarlets 13-20 Leinster
Exeter 12-46 Clermont Auvergne
37:10 – Pool 6
Cardiff 14-22 Toulon
Montpellier 33-18 Sale Sharks
43:20 – RaboDirectPRO12 previews!
49:45 – We discuss the Irish squad selection (which will be announced after this show is released) for the Autumn Internationals.
58:45 – The merit of project players being brought over by IRFU and subsequently playing for Ireland.
1:08:40 – The Welsh region vs country row has reared its head again, with the Welsh regions rejecting a proposed central contract system by the WRU.
1:14:35 – Alan has an issue with Munster ticket bundles!
1:23:00 – Bet of the Week shortlist. (Rabo prices not available at time of recording)
Our Bet of the Week will be confirmed on facebook and twitter later in the week, details of those accounts are below.
Talking Rugby is by the fans, for the fans. If you would like to advertise, sponsor or simply get involved with the show, drop us an email to TheWorldsTalking@gmail.com.
To make tuning in again easier for you:
1. We’re available on the iTunes Store directory, type in “Talking Rugby” into the search bar and you’ll find the show and be able to subscribe.
2. You can also subscribe via our RSS feed http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/rss2.xml
3. You can find old episodes here: http://talkingrugby.podomatic.com/
4. We are also on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Worlds-Talking/191923120895223
5. And Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheWorldsTalkin